Friday, February 14, 2014

Heart Day

Jon doing homework on Friday night :)

I love Valentines...with all the red and pink everywhere. Rachel and Lizzie have made lots of hearts this week. We wanted to make sugar cookies and give them out as treats, but we have had a sick week. On Thursday, for the first time ever, all six kids were home sick from school...all throwing up, but Jon, who just felt like he was going to. Yuck and tiring. Dave is in Arkansas, missing the fun. I remember a few years ago...I think before Rachel and Liz were even born, also on a trip of Dave's to Arkansas all the kids got sick...like every 45 minutes another one started throwing up. It was crazy..back then they just stood wherever and out it came. It's so much easier now that they can all make it to the toilet. A learned skill, I guess, for which I have been very thankful for this week. Meg got it first, and still has it the worst. She has had a hard week. One good thing is that I haven't had to cook a thing, really. We made a pot of pasta tonight, put a little butter on it and that was it. For the rest of today and yesterday it has been mostly canned soup, saltines and gingerale, if anything. Tonight as I was putting everyone to bed I heard all the little "happy Valentine's day, Mom," as I walked up and down the hall.
Lizzie loves this bandana she got at school today.
It is like that on every holiday. They just can't wish us enough happiness on special days...Halloween, Ground Hog Day, St Patricks, etc. Not just the big ones. So cute.

No comments: